Checkmate Your Mind with These Awesome Chess Quotes: Exploring the Depth and Beauty of the Game
Chess is an indoor game as you all know and I love playing chess more. Chess is completely a different game from other dice games. Losing or winning in the other dice game fully depends on the dice game. But in chess victory or defeat depends on the intelligence of the person playing.
Famous Chess Quotes
- Emanuel Lasker- Laws of Chess do not allow a free choice: you have to move maybe you like it or not”
Emanuel Lasker- “In Chess, if played by masters, chance is practically eliminated”
H.G. Wells- “The passion for playing Chess is one of the most unaccountable in the world”
Keres- “The older I grow, the more I value Pawns”
Irving Chernev-The sign of a great Master is a ability to win game fastly and painlessly”
Robert Hubner-“Those who say they understand Chess, understand nothing”
Horowitz-“One bad move nullifies forty good ones”
James Mason- “Every Pawn is a potential Queen”
David Levy-“I prefer to lose a good game than to win a bad one”
Saudin Robovic-“Chess is a best way for kids to build self image and self esteem”
Aristotle- “When you are lonely, when you feel yourself an alien in the world, play Chess. This will boost your spirits and be your counselor in war”
Philidor-“Pawns: they are the soul of this game, they alone form the attack and defense”
Teichmann- “Chess is 99 percent tactics”
Bobby Fischer- “Chess is war over the board. The target is to crush the opponent's mind”.
Bobby Fischer- “Chess demands total concentration”
Anatoly Karpov- “Chess is an art, science and sport”. It is everything.
Mikhail Botvinnik-“Chess is an art which expresses the science of logic”
- Frank Marshall-“A bad plan is better than nothing else.
- Bobby Fischer- “Chess is life”
- Savielly Tartakower-“The mistakes are there, waiting to be made”
Garry Kasparov-“Chess is mental torture”
Emanuel Lasker-“When you see a good move, look for a better one”
Fred Reinfeld-“The Pin is mightier than the sword”
Emanuel Lasker- “Without error there can be no brilliancy”
Siegbert Tarrasch- “I look one move ahead,the best!”
- Siegbert Tarrasch- “First-class players lose to second-class players because second-class players sometimes play a first-class game.
Siegbert Tarrasch-“Weak points in the opponent’s position must be occupy by pieces not Pawns”
Let’s find some best chess quotes from top chess players like Garry Kasparov, Bobby Fischer, which will surely excite and motivate you.
CHESS QUOTES FROM GARRY KASPAROV
- Garry Kasparov is the best chess player all-time in history. He has a huge fan following. He became the youngest chess champion in 1985.
- Chess strength in general and chess strength in specific are the same.
- Nowadays, games directly appear on the Internet; thus, the life of odds and ends is measured in hours.
- Experienced and mature players know how a change in the character of the game changes your psychological mood.
- Vishy is a brilliant player and it is difficult to compete with him at 40. He can fight against anyone but time. He can easily get up with people who are half his age. Surprised to know.
- According to Garry Kasparow, chess is a language. No doubt chess is not my native language but of course, I learned it via concentration and absorption methods at a very young age.
- The topmost and superior art of the chess player lies in not allowing your opponent to show you what he can do.
- Chess continues to progress over time, so future players will necessarily beat me in the quality of their play. Of course, the rules and regulations allow them to play serious chess. One can be like me if he would spend 20 consecutive years as I did.
- Winning is not a secret that belongs to very few, winning is something that we can learn by studying ourselves, studying the environment, and making ourselves ready for any challenge that is in front of us.
- Garry Kasparow said this when I was preparing for Botvinnik school. I had to spend a lot of time learning king and pawn endings. So when I learned a tricky position in my own games, I knew the winning method.
- It is much worse to regret an opportunity you allowed to pass you by. Attackers might sometimes regret bad moves.
- If your King is under attack, don’t worry about losing a pawn on the queen's side.
CHESS QUOTES FROM BOBBY FISHER
As you know most people like the GM Bobby Fisher. He became the 11th World Chess Champion and he is an American Chess GrandMaster. Chess is all about how to punch and how to duck. It is all about gentle and subtle judgment.
- The champions before the last century did not know as much, that in chess the whole game depends upon opening theory. In modern times players know these tricks. If you bring them back, you will know that they won’t do well. It was all because of the bad openings they played.
- In his twenties, Alekhine grew as a player much more slowly than most. He was an outrageous chess player and took his time. He played well into his thirties when he was mature enough.
- Psychologically, you have to be confident. Be yourself and that's the fact.
- If you don't win, it’s not a great tragedy, well the worst part is to lose the game.
- Don’t even tell me you're losing to me. I can’t stand to think of it.
- All I ever want is to just play chess.
- It’s just you and your opponent on the board. You are just trying to prove something.
- Chess is a war over the board(OTB). The target is to crush the opponent’s mind.
- If you love the game, then you can only get good at chess.
- On the chessboard are good moves, Simply, it all matters.
For more informative blogs visit
At Staunton castle you can buy handmade chess sets, hand carved wooden chess sets, hand crafted chess sets, staunton wood chess sets, antique chess sets and many more.