17th Olympiad Havanna 1966 Circa Reproduction Staunton Chessmen
This chess set is the original reproduction of the vintage chess set used in the 17th Chess Olympiad in the city of Havanna, Cuba. The tournament was organized in the year of 1966.
History of the Sovereign:
The 17th Chess Olympiad The Soviet team with 6 GMs, led by world champion Petrosian, lived up to expectations and won their eighth consecutive gold medals, with the United States and Hungary taking the silver and bronze, respectively., organized by FIDE and comprising an open team tournament, as well as several other events designed to promote the game of chess, took place between October 23 and November 20, 1966, in Havana, Cuba.
When Hungary and Yugoslavia tied on both game and match points, and they had drawn 2-2 with each other, the rules dictated that the final ranking would be decided by using the Neustadtl score – but not which version of it. A socalled unweighted score was used, which placed Hungary ahead of Yugoslavia, giving them the bronze medals. Had the weighted variant been used instead, the result would have been the other way around.
Material : Antiqued Box wood and Ebonized Box wood
The Box wood has been given the natural antique look without using any harmful chemical or toxic.
Package Includes :
- King height is 3.78″ and base size is 1.8″.
- This chess set includes the King side stamping with embossed Crown on the one Knight and one Rook on each side.
- High quality green felt is pasted on the bases.
- The set is coming with two extra queens.
- Recommended Chess Board 2.1″ Square Boxes.
- Total Weight : 1.5 Kg
- The Recommended Chess Board is 2.1" to 2.25" Square size
- Total Weight of board is 2.7 Kg